Healthy Baked Tofu
So simple! We make this ALL the time. It's great in a salad, stir fry or curry.
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (tamari if gluten-free)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 190oC.
- Line a small baking tray with a baking sheet. No oil required!
- Wrap tofu in kitchen towel and press firmly. This will get rid of any excess liquid.
- Chop tofu into cubes of approximately 1inch across.
- Toss tofu cubes in the soy sauce/garlic/nutritional yeast, ensuring even coverage. Allow to soak up the sauce for a few minutes.
- Drain any excess marinade from the tofu. Pop the tofu on the baking tray, sprinkle salt and pepper on top, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (flip after 10 minutes).