You can buy vegan cheese sauce mixes, but if you prefer to make your own, here's an easy recipe.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup unsweetened soya or almond milk
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and milk together. Add this to your butter on a medium heat.
- Add the nutritional yeast, mix together as it comes to the boil.
- Turn down the heat slightly and add your mustard and cream cheese. Allow to simmer and thicken for around 5 minutes.
- Your sauce is all done! Add to the dish you are making and enjoy.
This sauce is great as part of a bake. Simply parboil your cauliflower or broccoli, pop into a tray, cover with this cheese sauce, black pepper and grated cheese. Cook for 20 minutes.