Spaghetti bolognese is one of the easiest and most satisfying dinners we eat! This vegan version has all of the taste and protein, but less fat. Give it a try.
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g wholewheat pasta
- 150 g cannellini or kidney beans
- 80 g chopped onion
- 80 g sweetcorn
- 100 g vegan mince (optional)
- 60 g chopped mushrooms
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes (drained)
- 400 g passata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic puree 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 shake salt and pepper
- Start the spaghetti cooking in water for around 20 minutes (check the packaging for exact timings).
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, lightly fry the mince, mushrooms and onion in the olive oil until browned and dry.
- Add the beans, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic puree and chilli powder, and mix thoroughly. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain your cooked spaghetti and add to your bolognese, stir together.
- Serve and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Enjoy!