Spaghetti bolognese is one of the easiest and most satisfying dinners we eat! This vegan version has all of the taste and protein, but less fat. Give it a try.
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g wholewheat or buckwheat (GF) pasta
- 150 g cannellini or kidney beans
- 80 g chopped onion
- 80 g sweetcorn
- 1 400g tin green lentils
- 80 g chopped mushrooms
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes (drained)
- 400 g passata
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 shake salt and pepper
- Start the spaghetti cooking in water for around 20 minutes (check your packaging for exact timings).
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, saute the mushrooms and onion in a little of the chopped tomato juice, until browned and dry.
- Add the lentils, beans, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic puree and chilli powder, and mix thoroughly. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain your cooked spaghetti and add to your bolognese, stir together.
- Serve and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Enjoy!