Healthy Chocolate Brownies
These beauties are gluten-free and refined sugar-free, but taste amazing! Make them for a coffee morning, or just weekend munching.
Servings: 9 brownies
- 1.75 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted first)
- 0.5 cup almond or coconut milk
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 handful vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a rectangular or square baking tray with a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add your flour, bicarb of soda, baking powder, sugar, cacao, salt and choc chips. Mix together.
- Mix the oil, butter and milk together in a small bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients (oil etc) to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Your mixture should be soft and sticky like cake batter. If not, add a little more milk.
- Transfer to your baking tray and cook for around 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, as the brownies will continue to cook for a few minutes after you remove them from the oven.