Simple Smoothie Guide
Smoothies are the perfect breakfast for those of us who are health-conscious. We love them, and they don't need to be pure fruit to be tasty! Here is some advice for making a well-balanced but filling smoothie.
Servings: 1 glass
- Pick your choice of fruit. I always use a banana as the base. Next, I'll add frozen fruit - either mixed berries, cherries or mango.
- Pour in half a cup of almond or coconut milk.
- Make them filling by adding a scoop of protein powder.
- Get added nutrients by putting a handful of kale or spinach in.
- Pop a tablespoon of milled flax seed or chia seed for Omega 3.
- Extra points if you add a teaspoon of spirulina, wheatgrass or maca (Aldi sell them for a good price).