It’s far from visually stunning, but who cares? It’s the most delicious comfort food. Lovely lasagne.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 box pasta sheets (boxed or fresh)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups soy milk
- 400 g passata
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 100 g vegan mince
- 1 small onion
- 50 g mushrooms
- 40 g tinned sweetcorn
- 1 handful vegan grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180Oc.
- FILLING: Lightly fry the onion, mushrooms and mince in 1 tbsp olive oil until slightly undercooked. Add the chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn and passata. This is now your lasagne filling.
- SAUCE: Make up the white sauce by heating 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Sift the flour into the pan stirring quickly for 1 minute. Don’t allow to burn. Add the soy milk gradually – the sauce should be thick at boiling point, not too runny. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Sauce is now ready!
- Add half of your filling to a rectangular cooking dish, spreading flat. Cover with one layer of pasta sheets. Spread half of your white sauce over the sheets.
- Repeat again so you have two layers of filling/sheets/sauce.
- Finish by sprinkling grated vegan cheese over the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then enjoy!
NB: This dish is so versatile, so you can replace some of the fillings with aubergine or peas for example. You can also add a third layer if you have more guests!