Sweet Potato Madras with Smoked Tofu
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 40 g frozen peas
- 40 g tinned sweetcorn
- 150 g chopped sweet potato (large chunks, parboiled for 10 minutes)
- 200 g smoked tofu (chopped into cubes)
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 30 g fresh spinach leaves
- Blend the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger into a paste. Turn oven to 180C in preparation.
- Heat the veg oil in a pan, then add the paste with 1 tsp water. Fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the cumin, both corianders, tumeric and chilli powder, frying for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas, sweetcorn and sweet potato with 1 tsp water. Cook for a few minutes.
- At around this time, put your smoked tofu in the oven to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and spinach to the pan, then cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. The sweet potato should be soft but not crumble.
- Serve up with your choice of rice/chips/naan/poppadoms. Add a small handful of smoked tofu to the top of your curry.