Ever just want a lunch that isn’t a sandwich?
Me too! I love to make a big batch of cold pasta every few weeks and keep it refrigerated for those busy days. This healthy pasta salad is quick to throw together, plus lasts 3-4 days in the fridge.
I’ve also taken this dish out to picnics and family get-togethers. It’s always a hit!
Healthy Pasta Salad
Who wants to make a beautiful, nutritious and filling lunch that's perfect for work or on the go? Give this pasta salad a go! It's quick to make, delicious warm or cold, and you can even add leftovers to it.
Servings: 1 person
- 50 g pasta (dry - choose wholewheat, lentil or brown rice pasta)
- 0.5 package tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 small grated carrot
- Handful chopped spinach
- Handful seeds I like pumpkin, sesame and sunflower
- 0.25 chopped cucumber
- 6 baby tomatoes
- Dressing - 1 tbsp tahini, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp olive oil, whisked and thinned out with water
- Prepare your tofu by cutting into small cubes, tossing in soy sauce / tamari and baking for 20 mins at 200oC.
- Whilst tofu bakes, cook pasta according to package instructions. Allow to drain, rinse and cool.
- You can also make your dressing and chop veggies now.
- Now, simply mix all of your ingredients in a large bowl.
You can sub out the tofu for tempeh, Quorn chicken pieces or a dollop of houmous if preferred. Also feel free to add other favourite salad items to this versatile dish!
Want to save this recipe to Pinterest for later? Go for it! Just hit the graphic below.