Healthy Pasta Salad
Who wants to make a beautiful, nutritious and filling lunch that's perfect for work or on the go? Give this pasta salad a go! It's quick to make, delicious warm or cold, and you can even add leftovers to it.
Servings: 1 person
- 50 g pasta (dry - choose wholewheat, lentil or brown rice pasta)
- 0.5 package tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 small grated carrot
- Handful chopped spinach
- Handful seeds I like pumpkin, sesame and sunflower
- 0.25 chopped cucumber
- 6 baby tomatoes
- Dressing - 1 tbsp tahini, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp olive oil, whisked and thinned out with water
- Prepare your tofu by cutting into small cubes, tossing in soy sauce / tamari and baking for 20 mins at 200oC.
- Whilst tofu bakes, cook pasta according to package instructions. Allow to drain, rinse and cool.
- You can also make your dressing and chop veggies now.
- Now, simply mix all of your ingredients in a large bowl.
You can sub out the tofu for tempeh, Quorn chicken pieces or a dollop of houmous if preferred. Also feel free to add other favourite salad items to this versatile dish!