We love risotto, it's really filling and comforting! The best thing is, you throw everything into one pan so hardly any washing up.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 litre vegan bouillon or stock
- 300 g risotto rice
- 80 g sweetcorn
- 60 g onion
- 40 g peas
- 4 spears asparagus
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 handful chicken-style faux meat (Linda Maccartney pulled chicken works well. You can leave this out if you're not a fan of faux meat!)
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 pinch salt and cracked black pepper
- Add the rice, sweetcorn, onion, asparagus, peas, and 'chicken', to a wide pan.
- Add around 600ml of the bouillon to your pan and put on a moderate heat (it should be simmering constantly). Keep stirring so you don't get too much sticking!
- The risotto will be absorbing your stock constantly. If it starts to get dry, add more of your bouillon in 100ml increments.
- The rice should be softening, with the veggies mostly cooked through, after about 20 minutes. Add your mustard, nutritional yeast, garlic, and cream cheese, and mix in. Leave for another 5 minutes or so, and give it a taste test before serving.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!