Butternut Squash Soup
Soup is perfect heading into this cooler weather - it's warm, comforting and so simple even for the most amateur cook. You can also add a little chilli for a kick!
Servings: 3 people
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 large carrots
- 1 small white potato
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium white onion
- 500 ml thin vegetable stock or bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp single soya cream (optional)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Rinse, peel and chop your 5 types of vegetable. Simmer in the stock for 25 minutes.
- Add to a blender with the stock until smooth.
- Transfer back to your saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes, adding the garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish up, drizzling your cream and nutritional yeast over.