Vegan lemon drizzle cake
Vegan lemon drizzle cake is refreshing and light – perfect for these hot summer days! This version is really easy to make so give it a go.
Servings: 8 slices
- 270 g self-raising flour
- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 ml oil (vegetable or coconut works well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small lemon (use the zest and juice)
- 150 g icing sugar
- 50 ml lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 200oC and grease a 7in baking tin.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest to a bowl and mix.
- Add the oil, lemon juice and 160ml cold water. Mix together.
- Put the mixture into the tin and bake for around 30 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Icing: sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, and add a little lemon juice. The icing should be thick, not runny! Spread over your cake.