Vanilla Sponge Cake
Simple, soft and delicious! This cake takes just 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook. The quantities are for one deep cake, but you can split into two smaller sponges and add buttercream in the middle if preferred.
Servings: 8 servings
- 210 g plain flour
- 250 ml soy milk
- 200 g sugar (white or coconut)
- 80 ml oil (olive or vegetable)
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Warm the oven to 180oC.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and bicarbonate of soda to a bowl (don't forget to sift your flour!) and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to a greased cake tin (7in diameter works well).
- Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Eat alone or add vegan single cream, vanilla frosting or buttercream if preferred.